As a basic principle of keeping teeth white and clean, we know to brush after meals and avoid certain foods. What if I told you there are foods that can help clean your teeth naturally. Below is a list of 5 foods that can naturally help you keep your teeth clean.
Remember, don’t rely on these foods to clean your teeth.
Brush, floss and use mouthwash at least twice a day unless your dentist has recommended otherwise.
- Apples. Apples are not only good for fighting bad breath; they also help clean your mouth and massage your gums as you chew
- Carrots are your tooth superfood! These natural toothbrushes are super crunchy and actually scrub your teeth as you eat them. Carrots contain lots of fibre, like apples, and they are high in keratin which is great for fighting plaque
- Leafy Greens such as kale and spinach are also full of fibre
- Cheese, milk and yoghurt are high in calcium, which of course is so important in strengthening your teeth as well as your bones. Healthy bacteria found in yoghurt can also help fight bad breath
- Grapes can help prevent tooth decay and keep your teeth clean. Grapes are the sweet alternative and are praised for their powerful antioxidants called flavonoids.
I would like to add drinking Green Tea can reduce oral bacteria and protect against cavities and gum disease, as well as fighting bad breath.
Try alternating and introducing these foods/drinks into your diet to keep your teeth white, clean and healthy.